Monday, April 27, 2009

Dear Jordy,

I absolutely love that you are such a high energy creature, and have so much "puppy" left in you. We so often sit and just watch you run and romp. You are so loving. Mackenzie even loves the way you nuzzle your head into anyone you want to show love to. You are a perfect fit into our family.

Today you are learning something you are not familiar with. Humans (who are not in fantastic physical shape) get sore sometimes. Especially when putting up large pieces of fencing, and holding those heavy pieces for long periods of time while the holes are pre-drilled, and screws attached. Then, when that is finally almost done, or at least done enough that you furry things can use the yard freely, there are a few hours of serious yardwork to get done out front. Raking, mowing, weed pulling, trimming, you name it.

It hurts to move. It hurts a little even to breathe. I know you want to GO. GO OUTSIDE and RUN. And the backyard is not an appropriate substitute. You want to go to the PARK. NOW.

Every muscle in my body aches to high heaven. I have been burned by a hot drill bit, impaled by a tine of a rake, and a good area of surface skin on my left shin is missing from a tango with a rose bush. Please, Jordy. Be gentle with me for one day. I can't even move my head without muscles hurting in my back that I never knew I had!

I just need you to wait for the Advil to kick in. Please be patient with me! Ouch!

But I do love your persistence. Not only do you keep yourself healthy, but you care enough to make sure I put my running shoes on too. And you even are willing to keep my pace, even though it's much slower than Aaron's.

I already feel more energetic from being so much more active than I had been before you came. You are a gift.

Really, we wish we had your strength and energy. And soon, hopefully, we'll be a lot closer. And we can do huge projects, and still be out the door at 5:30 the next morning, ready to go. Just like you. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment