Notice Jordy has picked his original bed today!
Then they spent the entire mid morning tracking the squirrels in the back yard. Well, they were a team until Mackenzie fell asleep. She's loving two walks a day, but she's still getting in shape, so she's worn out. But Jordy did not nap this entire day. There was too much going on in his new place.
He honestly spent hours and hours doing this. As soon as one of the hundreds of squirrels would dare get too close, he'd bark, wake up Mackenzie, and then they'd bark together until the squirrels had cleared out. They enjoyed their game very much.
I let them play this game until the barking got a bit more frequent, and they both got the "quiet" command. (We're so lucky that most of the words the dogs have learned are the same. Makes things so easy!) Then they spent some time getting love and head scratches, and I wanted to encourage them to relax in the living room so I could finish up a new version of my resume. I got out one mini milkbone for each of them, and told Kenzie to "go lie down" and Jordy to "go to his place." (This is one of the few commands that are different.)
Look what happened:
I thought for a moment there might be some competition from one or both of them, since this activity had to do with something edible, so I prepared for a growl or two or maybe some teeth showing. None at all. They almost held each others paws and drooled together before they each enjoyed the treat and resumed squirrel hunting. (Sans barking.)
No comments:
Post a Comment