Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Life. Off track, back on track, then completely derailed, and now heading off a cliff.

So....

I believe I was last here on the 4th or 5th? Where have I been since then? Get comfortable and buckle your seatbelt. This will have little to do with the dogs, who are supposed to be the stars of the show here, but since I try to be diligent about writing, I should address the moments when everything goes far too haywire to handle and I disappear.

First, let's go back to last week Tuesday. It started out as a great day. We had a few conversations about sending out invites to hold a small gathering at our house the coming Thursday or Friday. I knew Saturday wouldn't work, it was my sister's college graduation ceremony. I know Sunday wouldn't work, because it was Mother's Day, and of course, that requires that we travel all over to kiss our mothers and grandmother and etc. So Thursday was looking good if it worked for our intended guests.

So there I was, last week Tuesday, making plans. And there I went, Tuesday afternoon, to get my hair cut. This should have been uneventful. I went to a salon with my mother and we both left looking differently than we'd entered. She had a nice cut and a color. I had nearly a whole standard ruler length of hair removed and neatly tied into a ponytail for donation to a company that makes wigs for children with cancer.

There we sat next to one another in chairs, my mother's head getting covered in squares of foil. Her phone rang. She had some weird intuition, because she wouldn't let it go. I dug through her purse, and missed it by a second. It rang again. It was my sister, who'd had a car accident. She is fine. But her car is a bit damaged. She also had a miserable final exam, a wretched day, and was extremely upset.

The salon became a long drawn out endeavor. Everything took longer than expected. We didn't leave until just after their closing time. Exhausted. No plans were made when I got home. Everything just got pushed out until the following day.

Ater the head makeover and the announcement of my sister's car accident, the next morning, I got my act together and got back on track - still planning to host friends and have some fun. Then, the train of life was completely derailed again.

My grandmother was found to be now incapable of grocery shopping for herself. Since I am out of work, I will be the one to take her every week. Starting... Now! (This I am actually very happy about. I've not loved the idea of her driving lately....) But, of course, it wasn't planned for, initially, and added to the "to-do" list to juggle.

Then, my mother ended up in the hospital for a couple days.

My sister graduated MSU.

I started my masters thesis class - and found I have to be on the FAST TRACK to finish, or I have to re-take classes in order to get my masters degree. This is not an option, as we have no extra money to speak of.

We finished the gate. Then, we added the wheel on the bottom later on so it doesn't droop.

Life has been on fast forward, and I can hardly keep up.

Then we helped friends move their belongings from a storage unit in Canada to their home over here.

During all of this, Aaron's classes have been going on. Last night was his last Statistics test. He got an A in the course, but this because we've both been working our tails off.

Also during all of this, I've been trying to keep up the job search. Also during all of this, I've had several friends contact me for support upon losing their jobs. It's a sad, scary time.

Posting will be light for some time now. I have a matter of only WEEKS to finish my thesis, and I cannot miss the deadline. Aaron starts his next round of classes tomorrow night, and he's got two accelerated core classes for the summer. I believe there is a pretty darn good chance he may be done next spring, and get a fancy new piece of paper to hang on the wall. This is unconfirmed, but looking at how quickly he has we have been able to tackle it all, there's a good chance it will work out that way.

The dogs are doing great. The only news I have of late is that Mr. Jordy Jordinsky is learnng what CATS are. :-D And it's really cute. He's so curious. He has no idea what they really are. They aren't people, they aren't dogs, but they're alive, moving, and making noise. Not to mention, they move fast. He's having a ball with this. The family of foxes in the woods next door is doing amazing. The 7 babies are each already about 2/3 the size of their mother. They look much redder now. It appears they are learning to hunt for themselves. Aaron saw one of the youngsters recently with a black squirrel in his mouth.

So, the plan is.... I am going to get through the next several weeks however possible. Very little sleep. A ton of perseverance.

And then, we'll either have a BBQ in the backyard, or a picnic at the dog park. Or, maybe both! But for now, I have to keep my nose to the grindstone and get it all done.

P.S. By the way, I think it speaks to the way things have been going to noticed that I started this post on May 13th, and have come back to it at least five times with not enough time to actually finish any of it, and it's finally getting posted more than one week later. That is a perfect testament to how life is right now, and will remain for the next few weeks. Please be patient. I'm in a crunch! I'll return soon, and will probably be deep in celebration for the passing of this latest bout of stress and crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment