Sunday, May 3, 2009

Jordy's Best Day

Early yesterday morning, around 7 a.m., while Mackenzie rested in the shady backyard, Jordy and I set off on a mile and a half jog to pick up my car from my parent's house. (I loaned it to them while their car was in the bump shop.) Since I loaned them my car, I also loaned them my keys.

Kenzie stayed home because she's not always good with tiny dogs, and my parents have two of them: a Jack Russell and a Shih Tzu.

We got to our destination to find that my car wasn't there. My dad headed to work, and took my car, so the paint could sit longer on his and dry/cure. This is not a problem. I just didn't know. I should have called beforehand, but I didn't want to wake anyone up.

There we were at my parents' house with no key to get back in even if we jogged back home. We were stuck.

This meant that Jordy got to explore a new backyard for hours, and play with two new playmates. He even got naughty and had half his body in my mother's pond... Thankfully, he didn't catch any of her koi. Hours later, I got my keys (and car) back, we headed home, and about four hours later we all went for a two mile walk with the neighbors and their dog. We all got home, and the humans decided it would be fun to walk some more and burn off the heavy dinner we had. (We and the neighbors went out for pizza.) Mackenzie had her fill with the two miles, and little Hailey's short legs can't make it much further than that. But Jordy? He's never tired, so he got to go on another three mile walk with just the humans. Spoiled! He found a stick, peed on many trees, and explored new territory where we hadn't walked before.

It was a busy day for the Jordinsky boy.

Mackenzie handles her long walks better and better every week. Tomorrow morning, she and I are running up to the vet to get her weighed and see her progress. We can see a big difference in her "waistline" already. (I wish my waistline progress would catch up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment